Pork Chops with a Barbecue Maple sauce
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 50 mins
4 pork chops
25ml lemon juice
25ml olive oil
1 red onion, finely diced
200ml red wine
75ml jack daniels
25ml red wine vinegar
25ml light soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
100ml maple syrup
1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
1 heaped tsp english mustard powder
1 heaped tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 190 degrees (fan assisted).
- Place the pork chops in a metal roasting tin and surround them with the finely diced onion.
- Mix the oil and lemon juice together and brush over the pork chops (no need to turn them to brush the undersides), making sure you get oil on the skin to help it crisp. Use all the mixture by generously brushing until it's all gone.
- Put the pork chops in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Whilst the chops are cooking, mix all the remaining ingredients together except for 25ml of the Jack Daniels and 50ml of the red wine which you need to reserve for later.
- When the pork chops have had 25 minutes, remove from the oven, drain off the fat from the roasting tin, pour over the sauce prepared in (5) and return to the oven for a further 25 minutes, removing twice during that time to baste with the sauce.
- When the cooking time is complete, set aside the pork chops to rest in a warm place and put the roasting tin over direct heat.
- Add the remaining reserved jack daniels and red wine to the pan and stir until the alcohol has evaporated off and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the pork chops with the sauce drizzled over.